1) Your policies haven’t been updated since the beginning of time.
2) Two people stormed out of your last league meeting.
3) You didn’t meet your financial targets last year, probably because you didn’t have any financial targets.
4) You’re thinking about breaking your league into home teams.
5) You’ve only retained one new skater in the last year.
6) Everyone is expected to meet the same bout eligibility requirements except that one really awesome skater.
7) Your potentially awesome new idea got shot down before you completed your sentence.
8) You can’t answer the question: ‘what are our league’s priorities this year?’
9) You (or others) are actively involved. In a pet project. That isn’t really helping your league.
10) The last time you had to talk to someone face-to-face about a league issue, it ended in tears.
11) ‘I didn’t know that was a policy’ is an excuse you hear far too often.
12)You don’t know your mission statement or your league’s values -- in fact, you don’t even know where to find it.
13) You have tons of PR and community events you can’t seem to get any league members to volunteer at.
14) You spend at least 15 minutes of every practice clarifying rules so that everyone understands a particular strategy.
15) You want the business of your derby league to run well so that you can focus on performing on the track